Shiver Hamilton Campbell
3490 Piedmont Rd NE
Atlanta , GA 30305
Open 24 hours
Jeff Shiver Personal Injury Lawyer
Shiver Hamilton Campbell
Recognized as a “Top 100” Super Lawyer, Jeff Shiver is regarded as one of the state’s best personal injury lawyers. Jeff is repeatedly named one of Georgia’s “Legal Elite” by Georgia Trend magazine and was selected by The Daily Report as one of 13 lawyers under 40 “On the Rise.” Jeff has been elected as a “Top 40 under 40” by the National Trial Lawyers and was recently selected as Top 40 under 40 Litigation lawyers in the State of Georgia by The American Society of Legal Advocates.
Jeff’s practice is limited to serious personal injury cases of all types. For over a decade before co-founding Shiver Hamilton Campbell, Jeff trained under some of the nation’s best trial attorneys. From the moment he decided to become a lawyer, Jeff knew he wanted to become a personal injury specialist and carefully tailored his education and professional experience to learn how to effectively represent plaintiffs.
Even before law school, Jeff served as an apprentice to some of the most respected trial lawyers at that time helping prepare cases for trial and learning how to represent plaintiffs in the trenches. Jeff continued to learn his trade during law school, trying cases and prosecuting criminals in Newton and Jackson County.
Jeff has been recognized as one of the top 100 lawyers in Georgia and named a Super Lawyer by Atlanta Magazine and the Super Lawyers publication sixteen years in a row– from 2007 through 2023. In 2021, 2022 and 2023 Jeff was selected as one of the “Top 100 Super Lawyers” in Georgia. Only 2.5% of the total lawyers in Georgia are selected as a super lawyer.
After law school, Jeff began his career working for one of Atlanta’s premier insurance defense firms, defending doctors, hospitals, nursing homes, and auto manufacturers at trial. Jeff learned how to try cases before juries and learned what motivates insurance companies to offer fair compensation.
In 2007 Jeff was recruited by a firm that specializes in representing plaintiffs. During that time he tried or settled dozens of cases that resolved for over a million dollars including cases in Atlanta, middle Georgia and south Georgia.
Jeff’s practice includes automobile accidents, trucking accidents, motorcycle accidents, catastrophic injuries, wrongful death, product liability and professional malpractice. Jeff has tried numerous cases to verdict and represented clients in the Supreme Court of Georgia, the Georgia Court of Appeals, and Georgia Federal Courts as an Atlanta personal injury lawyer.
Jeff also volunteers with the Atlanta Volunteer Legal Foundation pursuant to a pro bono program, is an Elder at Saint Simons Island Presbyterian Phurch, a former board member of the Golden Isles Fellowship of Christian Athletes, and is a member of Frederica Academy Board of Trustees.
University of Georgia School of Law, Athens, Georgia
- Juris Doctor (Cum Laude)
University of Georgia
- Major: Insurance
Areas of Practice
- Automobile collisions
- Trucking/tractor trailer wrecks
- Bicycle wrecks
- Motorcycle wrecks
- Falling merchandise injuries
- Elevator/escalator injuries
- Mis-filled prescriptions
- Nursing home abuse
- Drowning accidents
- Spinal cord injuries
- Brain injuries
- Premises liability
- Apartment shootings/assaults
- Mall assaults
- Slip and fall injuries
- Georgia Court of Appeals
- Supreme Court of Georgia
- U.S. District Court Northern District of Georgia
- U.S. District Court, Middle District of Georgia
Honors and Awards
- Georgia Super Lawyer (2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2018, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023)
- Super Lawyers Georgia Rising Stars; 2007, 2009 & 2010, 2011 and 2012. (There was no Rising Stars publication in 2008)
- Georgia’s Legal Elite; 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016
- “On the Rise” Recipient (one of 13 lawyers under 40 chosen by Fulton County Daily Report (2011)
- Top 40 under 40 by the National Trial Lawyers
- Top 40 under 40 Litigation lawyers in the State of Georgia by The American Society of Legal Advocates.
- Top 100, Super Lawyers 2019-2023
Professional Associations and Memberships
- State Bar of Georgia Member
- American Bar Association Member
- Georgia Trial Lawyers Association Member
- Joseph Henry Lumpkin Inn of Court Barrister
- Atlanta Bar Association Member
- Co-Chair- GTLA, New Lawyer’s Division, Outreach Committee
- Guest Lecturer, University of Georgia School of Law, Fall 2018
- Academy of Truck Accident Attorneys