Willens & Baez Personal Injury Lawyers, P.C.
30 N. LaSalle Street
Chicago , IL 60602
Open 24 hours
Matt Willens Personal Injury Lawyer
Willens & Baez Personal Injury Lawyers, P.C.
Mr. Willens has a unique understanding of the dynamics and strategies of serious personal injury and wrongful death cases because he has had experience from both sides of the aisle. Before starting his own firm, he was a partner at Clifford Law Offices where he successfully litigated and tried a wide variety of serious personal injury, medical malpractice and wrongful death cases on behalf of plaintiffs. Prior to that, he worked for a major insurance company where he coordinated and managed the strategic direction of million-dollar-plus personal injury, medical malpractice and wrongful death cases. His firsthand knowledge of exactly how the defense industry operates is extremely valuable for his firm’s clients who all have one thing in common – they have been victims of negligence.
He has been designated by his peers as a Top 100 “Illinois Super Lawyer” – an honor given to less than 1% of Illinois lawyers. He has an AV® Preeminent™ 5.0 out of 5 peer review rating – the highest rating possible in personal injury and medical malpractice – in the highly distinguished Martindale-Hubbell® legal directory. He is recognized as a “Leading Lawyer” in Personal Injury Law and Professional Malpractice – based on a survey of legal peers conducted by the Law Bulletin Publishing Company’s Leading Lawyer Network. He has a 10/10 (Superb) Avvo Rating with the highest possible marks in all categories including experience, industry recognition and professional conduct.
Nationally, he has been selected for membership into the National Association of Distinguished Counsel – The Nation’s Top One Percent of Attorneys. He has been recognized as one of the “10 Best” Attorneys in Illinois by the American Institute of Personal Injury Attorneys (AIOPIA) for having attained the highest degree of professional achievement in personal injury law and for impeccable client satisfaction ratings.
In 2004, he was named one of the ’40 Attorneys Under 40 in Illinois to Watch’ by the Law Bulletin Publishing Company – an honor given to less than 1% of the lawyers in Illinois. He is a member of the Million Dollar Advocates Forum – where membership is limited to trial attorneys who have obtained million and multi-million dollar verdicts and settlements – where less than 1% of lawyers in the United States are members. He is also listed in Who’s Who in American Law and Strathmore’s Who’s Who, publications that honor some of the best lawyers in the country.
Honors & Awards
- Matthew L. Willens was selected to Top 100 Super Lawyers
- Matthew L. Willens was selected to Illinois Super Lawyers. each year since 2012
- Matthew L. Willens has an AV® Preeminent™ 5.0 out of 5 peer review rating – the highest rating possible in personal injury and medical malpractice – in the Martindale-Hubbell® legal directory.
- Matthew L. Willens was selected to Illinois “Leading Lawyers” for Personal Injury Law: General and Professional Malpractice. This distinction has been earned by fewer than 5% of all lawyers licensed to practice in the state
- Matthew L. Willens has a “Superb” Avvo Rating with the highest possible marks in all categories including experience, industry recognition and professional conduct.
- In 2002, after several million dollar plus verdicts and settlements, Matthew L. Willens was appointed as a member of the Million Dollar Advocates Forum., 2002
- Matthew L. Willens featured in Chicago Lawyer magazine for his multi-million dollar settlement on behalf of a young man injured when a porch railing collapsed., Small Firms Nab Big Settlements, Chicago Lawyer Magazine, 2010
- Recognized by legal community as one of Chicago’s Top Lawyers as published in The National Law Journal
- In 2004, Matthew L. Willens was named one of the ’40 Attorneys Under 40 in Illinois to Watch’ by the Law Bulletin Publishing Company (an honor given to less than 1% of the lawyers in Illinois).
- Matthew Willens is listed in Strathmore’s Who’s Who.
- Matthew Willens is listed in Who’s Who in American Law.
- After a $16 Million Verdict, Matthew Willens was selected to be an adjunct professor at Loyola University Chicago School of Law where he teaches Advanced Trial Advocacy.
Bar & Professional Activity
- Illinois Trial Lawyers Association – Member
- Chicago Bar Association – Previous Member of Judicial Evaluation Committee
- American Association For Justice – Member
- Illinois State Bar Association – Previous Member of Tort Law Committee and Solo and Small Law Firm Committee