Michael V Favia & Associates
3315 W. Algonquin Rd, Suite 405
Rolling Meadows , IL 60008
Michael Favia Personal Injury Lawyer
Michael V Favia & Associates
Michael V. Favia is a well respected and connected health law, litigation and licensing attorney with experience from a variety of perspectives.
- John Marshall Law School, J.D., 1982;
- Loyola University, BBA 1978;
- Assistant Illinois Attorney General;
- Counsel to the City of Chicago;
- Former Chief of Medical and Health Related Prosecutions for the Illinois Department of Professional Regulation, directed the statewide enforcement of the Illinois Medical Practice Act and numerous other regulatory and licensure statutes.
- Selected by peers as a “Leading Lawyer” in the field of Health Law.
–Rated AV- Highest Legal Ability Rating by Martindale Hubbell Peer Review Rating System.
-Member of the Illinois Bar Association for over 25 years
-Member of the Chicago Bar Association since 1982
Michael V Favia & Associates represents individuals, licensed professionals, large and small corporations, professional groups, and organizations throughout the State of Illinois. His highly skilled team of affiliated attorneys have over a century of legal expertise in all areas of law. The Law Offices of Michael V Favia and Associates emphasizes Personal Injury cases and has over fifty years of specialized experience in this area. Other practice areas include Personal Injury, Real Estate Law, Estate Planning, State Licensure Matters, all levels of Corporate Law, Medical Malpractice, and any other legal needs you may have. Michael V Favia is the last attorney you’ll ever need to find.
As the former Chief Attorney for the Illinois Department of Professional and Financial Regulations, Michael V Favia also represents all types of medical providers and health professionals in licensure matters, investigations and contested hearings before the Illinois Department of Professional Regulation, Illinois Department of Public Aid, Illinois Department of Public Health, and at Hospital and Professional Society Disciplinary Proceedings. Practice also includes General Civil Litigation, Managed Care Consultations, Contract Review, and Personal Negligence Matters.
- Illinois State Bar Association. Committees: Governing Assembly Member, Health Law Section Council (Past Chair), Tort Law Section Council, Inter-Professional Cooperation (Past Chair), Voluntary Fee Arbitration (Past Chair), Business Advice and Financial Planning;
- Chicago Bar Association Committees: Health Care Committee, Insurance Committee, and Medical-Legal Relations; Justinian Society of Lawyers (Past-President);
- The John Marshall Law School Alumni Association Board of Directors; Government Bar Association;
- Northwestern Business College Advisory Board (ret.); Joint Civic Committee of Italian Americans (Executive Committee);
- International Association of Board Examiners in Optometry (Counsel). Illinois College of Optometry (Retired);
- Illinois Eye Institute Foundation (Chairman);
- Association of American Physicians and Surgeons (Founding Member – Illinois Chapter), Illinois Professional Licensure Consultants, Ltd. (CEO);
- Advocates Society;
- Illinois Police Association, Joint Civic Committee of Italian Americans, Executive Committee (ret.);
- National Italian American Bar Association; Hispanic Service Corporation of America, (Past-President);
- Illinois Hispanic Chamber of Commerce;
- Italian American Political Coalition, Board of Directors;
- Outstanding Lawyers of America;
- Political and Community Affairs Fiore Radio Program Director;
- Medical Malpractice Task Force Illinois Eye Institute (Foundation Chairman);
- City of Northbrook Safety Commission, Commissioner;
- Anawis, Favia & Sohn, LLC MD/JD Health Care Consultants, Partner.