Law Offices of Markey & Orsi
1426 E. Joppa Rd
Towson , MD 21286
Open 24 Hours
Steve Markey Personal Injury Lawyer
Law Offices of Markey & Orsi
Stephen A. Markey, III received his undergraduate degree from Mount St. Mary’s University (with honors) and his law degree from the University of Baltimore (with honors). He is a member of the Bar Association of Baltimore City having served on the Executive Council, and as chair of the Lawyer Referral and Information Service, the Sponsorship Committee and the Products Liability Committee. Mr. Markey is also active in the Maryland Association for Justice (formerly the Maryland Trial Lawyers Association), having served on the Board of Governors for eight years, and as a member of the Legislative Committee, Member Services Committee, Sponsorship Committee and several sub-committees. Until recently he served as a court-appointed pre-trial mediator for the Circuit Court for Baltimore City.
Mr. Markey is also a member of the Harford County Bar Association, American Association for Justice, the Federal Trial Bar, the Supreme Court of the United States, the Maryland Bar Association and the Interstate Trucking Section of the American Association for Justice. Mr. Markey has lectured in the areas of handling automobile accident cases, handling medical malpractice cases, deposing expert witnesses, civil litigation involving allegations of sexual abuse and landlord/tenant law.
Stephen A. Markey, III practices in Maryland state and Federal courts, in the areas of general litigation; serious injury claims; medical, legal and other professional malpractice; slip and fall; defective products litigation; victims of truck, tractor-trailer, motorcycle and automobile negligence; and drunk driving victims claims. Mr. Markey also represents victims from other states or Marylanders injured outside of Maryland by teaming up with appropriate out-of-state attorneys as necessary.
- Maryland, 1987
- U.S. District Court District of Maryland, 1988
- U.S. Supreme Court, 1997
- U.S. Court of Appeals 4th Circuit, 1999
PROFESSIONAL ASSOCIATIONS AND MEMBERSHIPS
- Maryland Association for Justice, 1988 to present
- Judicial Interview Committee 2018 to Present
- Maryland Federal Trail Bar 1988 to Present
- Board of Governors, Maryland Association for Justice, 1999–2008
- Chairman Membership Services Committee, 2006–2007
- Vice Chairman Membership Services Committee, 2005
- Chairman Sponsorship Committee, 2003–2004
- Chairman Lawyer Referral Committee, 2002
- Legislative Committee Member, 2000–2001
- Member, American Association for Justice, 1988 to present
- Bar Association of Baltimore City
- Executive Council, July 1992–June 1994, July 1996–2000
- Chairman, Sponsorship Committee, July 1998 to 2000
- Committee Member, Long Range Planning Committee, July 1998 to 2000
- Committee Member, Budget and Finance Committee, July 1998 to 2000
- Committee Member, Lawyer Referral and Information Service, September 1990–2007
- Chairman, Lawyer Referral and Information Service, 1992–1994, 1996–1997
- Sub-Committee Member, Products Liability Sub-Committee, June 1993 to May 1995
- Sub-Committee Member, 501(c) (3), September 1992–May 1993
- Attorney Grievance Commission of Maryland
- Inquiry Panel Member, July 1996–June 1999
- Peer Review Panel 2019 to present
- Member, Harford County Bar Association, July 1997 to present
- Member Baltimore County Bar Association 2016 to present
- J.D., University of Baltimore School of Law, Baltimore, MD, with honors
- Heisler Honor Society
- Law Forum: University of Baltimore School of Law, Editor-in-Chief, (Volume 17, 1986–1987)
- B.A., Mount St. Mary’s University, Emmitsburg, MD, magna cum laude
- Pi Sigma Alpha Honor Society
- George Henry Miles Honor Society
- President, Pre-Law Society
- President, Political Science Honor Society
- Major: Economics
- Major: Political Science
- Maryland State Bar Association 40-hour Basic Mediation Training (Sept. 2016)
REPRESENTATIVE CORPORATE CLIENTS
- Associated Building Maintenance, Inc.
- Next Level Sports Performance, Inc.
- Subway Real Estate Corp.
- Next Generation Auto Mechanics, Inc.
- Doctors Associates, Inc.
- Numerous Property Management Companies and Residential Landlords
HONORS AND AWARDS
- AV® Preeminent Peer Review Rated by Martindale-Hubbell® (1994–present)
- Maryland Super Lawyers (Baltimore Magazine 2007-2022)
- AVVO Pro rated 10 out of 10
- National Trial Lawyers Top 100 Lawyers (2013 to 2022)
- Maryland Top Lawyers
- Bar Association of Baltimore City 2000 Presidential Award
- West’s Who’s Who Among Practicing Attorneys
- Lawyers of Distinction in Medical Malpractice (2018 to 2022)